FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have a question? You might find the answer below on our Panama City Beach shooting range information page.
Don’t see your question listed and still need help? Leave us a message below.
For the quickest response, please call us during business hours at (850) 249-1003. We are happy to provide shooting range information from our Panama City Beach staff.
Firearms & Ammunition
- Certain calibers of handguns, rifles, and shotguns are permitted on the Range. Handguns are permitted on all shooting lanes. Rifles are restricted to lanes 10 – 14.
- Modern Sporting rifles (AR, AKM, and similar Semi-Automatic systems) in calibers up to .308 caliber.
- Bolt or Break Action Rifles in calibers up to .308 caliber.
- Revolvers and semi-automatic pistols in the following calibers are permitted:
- .22 (rim fire only, non-magnum, short, long and long rifle),
- .25, .32, .380, .38, 9mm, .40, .41, .44, .45 ACP.
- All air guns.
- Shotgun ammunition must be pre-approved by the Range Manager.
- Shotguns will have a minimum of 18” barrel and be either pump of semi-automatic tactical or sport shooting models and must have a shoulder stock. All other variants require pre-approval of the Range Manager.
Class 3 Firearms and suppressors:
- Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs), Short Barreled Shotguns (SBSs) and suppressors are allowed at the range.
- Shooters employing suppressors are still required to use hearing protection.
- No fully-automatic fire without express prior permission of the Range Manager.
- Prior to use of any allowed Class 3 firearm on the Range, individual shooters must provide proof of legal ownership to be verified by the Range Manager. Government agency groups are exempt from this requirement; however, they must notify the Range Manager when these weapons are brought into the Range.
- The maximum caliber to be shot on the range is .308.
- Revolvers and semi-automatic pistols in the following calibers are permitted: .22 (rim fire only, non-magnum, short, long and long rifle), .25, .32, .380, .38, 9mm, .40, .41, .44, .45 ACP.
- Handguns in rifle caliber need prior approval of the Range Manager.
- Handguns or rifles in the following calibers are strictly prohibited: 30-06, 7mm, 300 Win Mag, 300 RUM, 338 Lapua Mag, .50 BMG.
- Brass-cased, standard lead ball, full metal jacket, hallow point, jacketed hallow point ammunition is allowed on the range.
- No steel jacketed, multi-core, frangible, armor piercing, or tracer ammunition is allowed.
- Minors under the age of 18 must be directly supervised in the shooting lanes by a parent or legal guardian who has executed the appropriate Release.
- Children age 12 and under are not permitted in the shooting lanes.
- All children anywhere on the range, including in the retail spaces, must be accompanied by an adult.
- The minimum age to use the firearms simulator is 8 years old.
- You must be at least 18 years old to rent firearms. A valid photo ID is required at the time of rental.
Safety & Range Rules
- We encourage concealed carry. However, for any weapons that are not concealed on your person or concealable due to their size, we ask that they be unloaded and encased before entering the building.
- No, we do not require shooters to have a current concealed carry permit to use the range.
- At least one Range Safety Officer is in the range at all times.
- Every shooter is required to watch a safety video before entering the range for the first time, and once a year thereafter.
- All shooters are expected to comply with the Range Safety Rules at all times.
- Safety is our first priority at The Powder Room. If anyone is found to be in violation of any of the Range Safety Rules, the Range Safety Officer or other range staff will warn or educate the shooter. Violations may be subject to ejection from the Range or revocation of Membership at the discretion of the Range Manager.
- The range has a state-of-the-art climate controlled ventilation system. The air is recycled every 60 seconds in the range. The air inside the range is cleaner than the air outside the building!
- The Powder Room has 14 shooting lanes.
- Lanes 1 – 9 are 15-yard, pistol only lanes.
- Lanes 10 – 14 are 25-yard rifle lanes. Pistols may also be used on lanes 10 – 14.
- We currently allow up to 2 shooters per lane. The hourly rate for the first shooter is $19.99/hour. The hourly rate for the second shooter is $10/ hour.
- Up to four people may use the firearms simulator at one time. The hourly rate for the simulator is $35/hour for 1 – 4 people.
- Walk-ins are welcome. The wait time for lanes will vary depending on the schedule for that day.
- We strongly encourage everyone to book range time in advance via powderroompcb.com/reservations. This will ensure a lane is available to you at your preferred time and get you on the range faster!
- Non-members can book either lane or simulator rentals online 3 days in advance. Silver, Gold & Military/First Responder Members can book 7 days in advance. Platinum Members have the ability to book up to 21 days in advance.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Drop us a line for shooting range information in Panama City Beach, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.